Signup Systems Installation Details
Whether your Lease Option includes
full hosting on our servers or installation on your own servers,
every Signup Systems deployment comes with a minimum of two websites, one public
website where you can sell your events on the Internet to your customers, and
another private admin website where you can run your business.
Systems Installation comes with:
- An Admin website to manage your business which is accessible only to your company's staff.
One or more Public websites to host any of your company's domains or just
to host those Signup Systems public features you want to use.
- access your admin site at "admin.yourdomain.com" or at any
hostname you want, i.e. "empower.yourdomain.com"
- create an unlimited number of user accounts for your staff
- use security
"Roles" to restricted staff to perform
- access your administrative site using the Firefox
web browser (free to download) from any Internet connection anywhere
in the world
- control the colors and visual
look of your admin site
- learn more about our admin systems
- use "www.yourdomain.com" to host your company's website, or use "events.yourdomain.com"
just for our public website features
- display dynamic event calendars driven by your Signup Systems database
- capture leads and send auto responders using signup forms
- sell your events on the Internet using Signup Systems shopping cart
- use page templates, HTML and CSS to efficiently control your website
or duplicate your current website's look when using signup systems
- install third party applications as needed such
as blogging software like WordPress
- learn more about our public website systems
You don't need to have any technical expertise to begin using Signup Systems. We will perform all technical work needed to get you operational.
Your deployment includes a dedicated
virtual server when we perform the hosting or can be deployed on up
to two dedicated physical servers when installed on your own computers. In
either case, we'll perform the installation and setup as part of the lease
fees and deliver to you a fully functional, turnkey solution in as
few as two business days.
Signup Systems software is written using several different programming languages
and is installed on top of open source technologies
including the Linux operating system, a Postgres database server, a Zope application
server, and an Apache web server. The benefits of open source
technologies are enormous in terms of scalability, stability, and costs.
For instance, there are no
hidden costs to you for operating system or database software licensing
Each Signup Systems installation uses two physical or virtual servers rather than just one:
- one server is a dedicated application web server which hosts your Admin and Public websites
- the second server hosts your database and the actual system files used by your application server
There are both security and practical benefits for using two separate servers for your applications and for your database, but here are just a few of the most compelling reasons:
- only the application server is visible to web traffic ensuring that your database is more secure
- this architecture allows us to add additional "load balanced" application servers very quickly into your installation as your business volumes grow, and with minimal cost, which would not be possible if everything was installed entirely on a single server
- if your database server needs to be upgraded, this can be performed quickly and easily without changing any of your application servers
For a more detailed discussion of the technical specifications of a Signup
Systems installation please contact us.